DELCAPS is committed to providing opportunities for children to develop critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills which are necessary to meet the challenges of today's ever-changing world and which prepare them for success in the local, national and global environment. The experiences that we provide also encourage the development of cooperation and teamwork, self-respect and the appreciation and understanding that all students can contribute to the creative problem-solving process.
Delaware Creative Activities and Problem Solving is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which is 100% volunteer run. More than 400 volunteers come together annually to host various planning sessions and training workshops and to coordinate the annual Odyssey of the Mind competitions for the First State. The Delaware Odyssey of the Mind program is one of the most cost effective educational programs available to students of all ages. The benefits of the program, as defined by the organization's mission statement, are not limited to students in a Talented and Gifted program, but provide positive impacts on the lives of all students (kindergarten through college), regardless of their academic accomplishments.
Funding for the organization is provided through:
- the purchase of annual memberships by public and private schools and community groups which sponsor teams in the competition,
- nominal fees charged for participation in the various training workshops and tournaments,
- the sale of Delaware Odyssey of the Mind memorabilia and novelty items during the competitions,
- charitable donations from individuals and local businesses, and
- volunteer grants paid by corporations whose employees volunteer to support the organization.
Any individual, family or business interested in making a tax deductible contribution to support the Delaware Odyssey of the Mind program is encouraged to contact Executive Director at Director@delcaps.org
DELAWARE ODYSSEY OF THE MIND BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Executive - Board of Directors
Problem 1 Problem Captain (PC) - Dean Dey
Problem 2 PC - Mike DeSantis
Problem 3 PC - Deb Hansen
Problem 4 PC - Roger Raney
Problem 5 PC - Sue Shore
Spontaneous PC - Shant Karakashian
Primary PC - Sue Zebley
Alumni Rep - Nick Bair